Interested in becoming a Certified Pilates Teacher? Lakeshore Pilates started the Pilates School of Michigan to address the growing need for Pilates Teacher training programs and continuing education.
Pilates Teacher Training
Our 12 month teacher training program blends classical and contemporary styles of Pilates. In this 525 hour comprehensive program you’ll learn:
- Pre-Pilates Exercises
- Pilates Exercises on the mat and all apparatus pieces, including barrels, foot corrector, and the toe gizmo
- Functional Anatomy
- Anatomy in Clay
- Movement Screens and Assessments
- Protocols for working with clients that have health conditions or injuries
- Written and Practical Tests throughout the program to prepare you to take the national Certified Pilates Teacher test through the Pilates Method Alliance
The 525 hours are broken down into 180 hours of curriculum time that includes one intensive weekend a month and a weekly hour session to stay connected, 150 hours of practice teaching, 120 hours of observation, and 75 hour of personal practice and/or sessions taken at the studio.
Testimonial: “So excited! Just gotta say, this program is exceeding my expectations by so much! Heather, you’re so great at what you do!” Vicki, 2019 Graduate and PMA certified teacher
The national guidelines for Pilates Certification
Pilates certification is acquired through a 2 step process developed by the Pilates Method Alliance, the only non-profit governing body for quality and safety control in the Pilates industry. The first step is to finish an assessment-based program with at least 450 hours of study (a combination of contact hours, practice teaching hours and physical practice hours). The second step is to sit for the PMA exam.
With 525 hours in our comprehensive program, you will qualify to sit for the PMA® National Exam.
Next Training: January 2020
Schedule a consultation to get answers to all your questions by calling 510-0455.
Pfilates Pelvic Floor Training
1 in 3 women suffer pelvic floor issues, which can be prevented or cured using the simple techniques taught in Pfilates Instructor Training. Pfilates is functional exercise prescriptions that are effective (with up to 1000% increase in pelvic floor activity from the basic kegal exercises)
What you will learn:
- Pelvic Anatomy and Neuroscience
- Pregnancy and Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Exercise Physiology with VESy Lab demonstration
- Pfilates Method with practice materials for how to assess and treat your clients using the Pfilates method as well as class ideas.
Testimonial: “Thank you so much for your amazing instruction. I really appreciate the time you took to work with me one-on-one.” Stephanie, Toronto, Ontario
Next Training: November 9-10, 2019 from 9 am to 5 pm Cost: $495 (lunch provided) Registration: email@example.com or 616-510-0455
Workshops and Continuing Education
- Workshops or seminars taught by the Pilates School of Michigan staff, such as a master Pilates teacher, Physical Therapist, or Athletic Trainer
- Certification programs and training from movement professional throughout the country that are flown into to teach at the school